Since having my adorable son almost four months ago now, I’m always looking for super easy dinner ideas. Cooking with an infant around can be quite challenging as it doesn’t leave a lot of time for preparation of complicated meals. I love that most of the time, he is quite content to sit in his bouncer chair and watch me prepare meals. This will usually include me singing and dancing to entertain him and trying to peel, cut or begin cooking. Other times, he wants my full attention which leaves me to cook during one of his naps, which may only last up to 45 minutes.
I was happy to come across this recipe recently and it was perfect! I tweaked it a bit by using egg whites instead of eggs, and it was so good! It’s definitely something we will be making more often.
adapted from Pure2Raw
- 1 sweet potato, cooked (steamed if possible as the potato will retain most of the health benefits)
- big handful of spinach, steamed and drained (or if short of time and using baby spinach, no need to steam or cook beforehand)
- 1.5 cups of liquid egg white
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the sweet potato in a bowl.
- Add spinach and liquid egg white and combine.
- Pour into your pie dish and bake for about 25 minutes or until the centre is not jiggly anymore.
And there you have it: a fancy looking meal that can be whipped up in no time. And it’s packed with protein, iron and vitamin A to keep a new mom and dad going!